1. Description: The Swim with Friends Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins on September 1, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on September 30, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes all times (as hereinafter defined) refer to Eastern Time.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia ("D.C."), (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who currently are physically located and residing therein and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees and independent agents of American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus ("Sponsor"), Aflac Incorporated, Communicorp, Inc., Continental American Insurance Company, Digitas, Sweepstakes administrator, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and those involved in the production, development and handling of Sweepstakes, their respective agents, officers, prize suppliers, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes online, access the web site located at www.aflac.com/friends ("Web Site") and follow the instructions to make a $12.00 donation to the Aflac Cancer Center. For each $12.00 donation, the donor will receive a branded "Duck" and an online entry into the Sweepstakes ("Online Entry"). Entrants who complete & submit an Online Entry will receive one (1) Duck (per $12.00 donation) that will be shipped within 6-8 weeks to the shipping address provided on the donation entry form. The information required on the donation entry form consists of: first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number, date of birth and email address ("Entry Information"). Entrants will also need to provide his/her payment information to complete the donation transaction. Sponsor's matching donation does not result as an Online Entry. All required Entry Information must be completed in full and must be accurate and valid. The Entry Information must match the information of the entrant that completed the act of physically entering the Sweepstakes. If a participant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor (residents of Alabama or Nebraska between 18-19 years of age or residents of Mississippi who are between 18-21 years of age) ("Minor"), he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering the Sweepstakes or submitting any personally identifiable information. To enter the Sweepstakes without making a donation: On a postcard (no larger than 5" x 7"), legibly hand-print your Entry Information (email address optional), then mail with proper postage affixed to: The Swim with Friends Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7719, Burbank, CA 91510 ("Mail Entry"). Only one (1) Mail piece may be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period in order to receive ten (10) Mail Entries. All Mail Entry Information must be completed in full, be accurate and valid. Each Online Entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on September 30, 2012 and Mail Entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on October 4, 2012 (collectively "Entries"). Proof of submitting or receipt of an Entry of any kind will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry by Sponsor. Any attempted form of participation in the Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Each Online Entry will be recorded by Sponsor's computer at the date/time of the donation transaction and Entry receipt by Sponsor's computer is not connected to the shipment of Ducks by mail. Limit ten (10) Online Entries OR one (1) Mail Entry (which is equal to ten (10) Entries) per person/per email address/street address during the Sweepstakes Period. MULTIPLE ENTRIES BY THE SAME PERSON IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITS STATED HEREIN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Once an email address has been entered by a participant that email address cannot be used by any other person at the Web Site. Only the participant registered under a particular email address on the Web Site (or other related web sites as described above) may participate in the Sweepstakes and he/she must be deemed the person who physically completed the act of entering. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entries will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of Entry. Any attempted form of Entry other than as described herein is void.
4. Prize/Odds of Winning: One (1) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a 3-night/4 day trip for winner and up to (3) guests to Orlando, Florida. Trip consists of round-trip coach-class air transportation for winner and up to three (3) guests from a major airport near winner's residence and the Orlando International Airport (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion); four (4) round trip ground transfers to/from the airport and hotel (actual hotel to be determined in Sponsor's sole discretion); three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations (single room/quad occupancy); and four (4) two-day general admission passes to a theme park (actual theme park determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize is $5,950. Odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If the winner elects to take trip without one (1) or more guests, winner will not receive any compensation or substitute/alternate prize or prize component for same. Prize must be taken within one (1) year of notification of winning or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. If the winner lives within 100 miles of Orlando, Florida, air transportation (as applicable) will not be provided but ground transportation (or alternative transportation) may be arranged in Sponsor's sole discretion. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability for any reason. Winner and guests must present valid government issued ID to partake in the prize and meet any other travel requirements of airline and/or hotel (in Sponsor's sole discretion). Winner and/or his/her guests must have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into the hotel. Winner and guests are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Prize and prize components cannot be combined/exchanged with any other offer. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route in its sole discretion. No extension or change of travel dates are permitted once the travel dates have been confirmed or booked by the Sponsor. Once air travel tickets are issued they are non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-transferable. Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below) and/or travel documents. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of the trip are the sole responsibility and expense of the winner. Additional prize restrictions/conditions may apply. Prize is subject to air/ground travel availability, hotel availability, holiday and blackout dates, season restrictions and all other prize and travel restrictions, as applicable. Winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the prize not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any requested upgrades), are excluded and are the winner's sole responsibility including, but not limited to: taxes, unspecified air transfers, government fees, unspecified ground transportation, unspecified theme park passes or upgrades, meals, tips, gratuities, hotel incidentals, excursions, tours, laundry service, local and long distance telephone calls or other communications, mobile phone roaming fees, internet or wireless services, souvenirs, gift shop purchases, spa services, travel documents, service charges, travel insurance premiums, baggage fees, or transportation between winner's residence and the departure airport and other personal expenses. Prize notification, documentation, tickets and trip itinerary will be shipped to U.S., D.C., addresses only. All federal, state, and/or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total ARV, as stated herein, of his/her prize that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won. Any depiction of the prize or prize components, in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only.
5. Drawing and Notification of Winner: One (1) prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received and depicted in a virtual "Duck Race" online at http://www.facebook.com/aflacduck on October 9, 2012. The virtual Duck Race revealing the winner (subject to verification of winning) will start at 12:00 noon EST on October 9, 2012 (after the drawing has been conducted). Random drawing will be conducted by the Sweepstakes administrator in Burbank, CA whose results are final and binding in all respects. Potential winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a Minor) will be notified by telephone at the phone number listed on his/her Entry on or about 24 hours after the initial winner announcement in the virtual Duck Race. If the potential winner cannot be reached within a reasonable effort after five (5) days, such potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected in Sponsor's sole discretion. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules and/or if his/her prize notification documents are returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in Sponsor's sole discretion.
7. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, bot or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, mass machine printed, duplicated, postage due, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Winner releases Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agencies, officers, directors and employees or other company or any other persons providing prizes for the winner due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities control, and/or participation in this Sweepstakes from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the prize and/or Sweepstakes (including without limitation any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize or prize component awarded herein; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; inability to access Sweepstakes, the Web Site or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, or elements of Sweepstakes and/or even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities (including but not limited to participation in any prize component) shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, dissatisfaction, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any entity (or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors), (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities, and/or 4) cancellations and/or delays or any change by the air carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any other persons providing any of components of the prize for the winner and his/her guest due to reasons beyond Sponsors and/or Sweepstakes Entities control. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of a prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
9. Rules/Winner's Name: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Official Winner's Information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Swim with Friends Sweepstakes "Rules" or "Winner's Information" (specify which), P.O. Box 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. Official Winner's Information available after October 9, 2012. All requests must be received by December 31, 2012.
10. Sponsor: American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus, 1932 Wynnton Road Columbus, Georgia 31999.
11. Sweepstakes administrator: ESG, P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize or prize component.
Official Rules © 2012 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.